ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » RRs, Travelling Notebooks, and other Projects » Science Project to show what ...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Science Project to show what matter does sound travel best (farthest) throu
kevinmanuel
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to kevinmanuel Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

HI,

My first grader daughter has chosen to do a science project about sound and what matter does sound travel best through. I helped her define 'best" as what can you hear farthest. We are struggling on how to measure this underwater. We plan to use the swimming pool and stand at increasing distance from the source of sound (on a recorded device to control volume). I was hoping the school would have an underwater decibel meter to measure the sound but they don't. I could use a decibel meter app on my iphone but don't plan on submerging it in water. Any ideas?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/ask-an-expert/viewtopic.php?t=18781
Digital content production company

Thanks!

Posted Apr 21, 2018, 3:26 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable