ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Special Events » Do people not reply to party ...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Do people not reply to party invites these days??
kevinmanuel
ToyVoyagers Follower

Member Level

Group: Members

United Kingdom

Send a personal messsage to kevinmanuel Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Hi,

Am I REALLY asking too much for people who you invite to a party to actually REPLY?Have things changed that much since I was younger that now people feel free to just show up(or not)as they see fit?
We've held a few bday parties now where my kids have literally invited the entire class and every time I've been chasing replies right up till the night before.I even sent reminder cards out for my DD2s in march to 12 kids out of 30 invites and still 6 didn't reply!Then 5 of the cheeky so n so's actually turned up
We sent 27 out last week and so far 4 replies. Don't people get that sorting party bags/food/cakes etc out with no confirmed numbers is bloomin difficult?? Plus me being a total soft touch with kids..if I haven't heard I'll still do a bag so end up wasting money  Hubby says if they don't reply then turn up then there'll be no party bag,no cupcake etc..but seriously how do you do that to a 6 year old just because their parents have no manners?? What would others do?Over cater incase or stick to just doing those who replied?
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3479459
Creative digital advertising agency

Thanks

Posted Apr 24, 2018, 2:54 pm
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable