ToyVoyagers
Welcome! ( login | register ) » ToyVoyagers » ToyVoyager Central » Hosts » Resolving Host Issue

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
Resolving Host Issue
spadekevin
ToyVoyagers Fresher

Member Level

Group: Members

United States

Send a personal messsage to spadekevin Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

HI,

I will try that but in the meantime I went into Control Center - Network (not network connection) and just for fun changed the DNS that the system sets (127.0.1.1) to the two numbers my ISP provided. I also added 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 to the search domains field. Now it appears that everything is working. Firefox 31 works (it used to hang on transferring data) and Chrome has not displayed a resolving host message in the last hour. The problem is that even though I click the padlock to the lock position if I reboot the laptop the wireless DNS numbers are wiped out and replaced with 127.0.1.1In the light of the above information do you still want me to erase the DNS numbers on the router (which I am more than willing to do). Are you familiar enough with Mint 17 to know why the DNS number keeps reseting to 127.0.1.1 on reboot or how to stop that happening which I think might resolve my issue.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=174182&start=20
TMS System Example

Thanks!

Posted Jun 19, 2018, 10:59 am
Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable