Quacky-King, San Francisco, USA


Posted Nov 23, 2013, 3:26 pm
here I am. Mummy adopted me at IKEA and here I'll show you the first photo she made of me.

Posted Nov 27, 2013, 8:52 pm
Hei all out there,

today I'd like to introduce the other "toyvoyagers" in my family to you.
First there is Lucy, the lila / white cow, she is fairly old and is travelling with Mummy and Daddy since many years. The Racon is called Felix and he is nearly as old as Lucy, they mostly travel together. The little christmas bear is called "Weihnachtsbär" or just Weihny he was adopted at the beautifull country of Iceland in 2009.  The youngest of the group is the Inuit, called Nanuk. They go on tour with Mummy and Daddy a lot. And they promised me, that I can come with them when I am at home and not travelling on my own.

Posted Nov 27, 2013, 9:11 pm
O.K. here I am again. Today Mummy and Daddy took me to a christmas-party today. They called it Julebord (norwegian). They had a lot of fantstic food there. And there have been some children, that had some toys with them, so I mad new friends there. We took part at the norwegian-quiz, some really difficult questions ... and they had a raffle with some nice prized to win. We have taken some photos, so see yourself ;)

Posted Jan 6, 2014, 5:46 am

It's christmas time now. Today will be the opening of the Christkindlesmarkt in Nürnberg. Mum and Dad took me to there, but they told me, we wont look at the opening ceromony, because of the many many people that are there at that time. So we just looked a bit around at the part where the twin towns of Nürnberg have there place.

We saw the 2 stage coaches, that travel around at the city during christmas time.

At the stand of Atlanta / USA I took a photo with the toys they are selling there. Oh this cute frog ...

At the special stand of Sri Lanka, I took a photo with some wooden toys from there for you.


Posted Jan 6, 2014, 6:05 am

this weekend we passed at Braunschweig. We have been invited to a birthday-party.

So good food to eat and I got my own glas to drink ;)


Posted Jan 6, 2014, 6:10 am

O.K. here I am again.
As you know, I'm at Braunschweig now. They have a christmasmarket here, too.

Here are two pictures from there.

Posted Jan 12, 2014, 6:33 am
On 25th December we travelled to Braunschweig again and stayed until 29th December.

We have been celebrating christmas and I have seen my first christmas-tree.

We did a lot of interessting thinks, but didn't take photos.
We have been at the christmas-market again one day.
Another day we have been at the cinema. What an interessting place for me ;)

At midday on 29th December we left for my naext adventure ...


Posted Jan 12, 2014, 7:07 am

today at aroung 1 pm we started our journey to Kiel. Mum told me, it is in the north of Germany. When we arrived it was nearly dark night and raining.

After going to our hotel and putting our luggage to our room, we have been hungry and went to a restaurant called Vapiano.
This is an interessting restaurant. When you get in you get a card. With this card you order the the desk what you want to eat and then you get a something that vibrates when your meal is ready for pickup. When you want to leave, you give the card to the cash desk and pay.

After our dinner we went back to the hotel using "the dry way". At Kiel they have a big shopping mall. A nice way and interessting thinks to see inside. Although all shops have been closed, I had fun. I play hide and seek ;)

I had a really nice day. And I'm so excited ... Mum told me that we will travel with a big ship ...

Posted Jan 12, 2014, 7:38 am

my day started with breakfast at the hotel. The breakfast-room is at the 10th floor. We took a place at the window and had a great view. We saw the Stena Line ferry reaching the harbour.

The rain had stopped and so we had a short walk through the city after our breakfast. At noon we had to be at the Color Line Terminal for check in .

We had to wait more than 1 hour until we could step on the ship. That was boring.

Finally on board we first have been at our cabin and then went to the sundeck to be outside for the departure. Leaving Kiel we had great weather with blue sky. At the Kieler Förde we have seen many kite-surfer.

When we had left the Kieler Förde, we went down, to look at what is going on inside the ship.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Where will we bee then ....

Posted Jan 14, 2014, 8:43 pm

today we awaked at sea. We soon reached the Oslo Fjord, so we are in Norway now. My first foreign country ... We have been on deck before the arrival. We reached Oslo at around 10 o'clock. We started our day at Oslo soon after arrival. The weather was not really good, it was very windy ... And we had a cloudy sky. 

At the Colorline-Terminal there is a geocache so we look for it, and soon found it.

We went to the city and did some sightseeing. Mum showed me the "Stortinget", the norwegian house of parliament. she told me that she has been inside some time ago and that it is a really nice building.

At around 1 pm, we went to Holmenkollen by Metro. There is a big ski-jump.

The first interessting thing we found up at the hill, was the eternal flame, it looks really nice.

After that we walked up to the ski-jump, where we met "Bikkja i bakken".
Closed to the ski-jump there is the Rica-Hotel, that is a very nice building.

Then it was time to go back to the ship, where we passed the evening and the silvester-night.

Posted Jan 16, 2014, 7:36 pm
Hi Mom
Greetings from Switzerland. I'm so happy to leave my box.


Well, here I am.


Posted Jan 16, 2014, 7:58 pm
First I gave all the nice gifts to my hostmom egni. She was very, very pleased and thanked me with hugs.

As I'm a polite little frog I introduced myself to the cat Beauty. She had a look at me, not more.

And than, mom, I hat to visit the WC. Very urgent.

After this, I had to gump around. I was so stiff from the transport. Than I feel much better.

In the evening we go by bus to visit some friends of egni. They like to eat and play together.

Regula had a nice little house in their flat. I was allowed, to look around every where.

Waiting for the soup.


And than - Raclette. Hot cheese with potatoes. Tasty!

Than we were ready playing "Lotto", also called "Bingo". egni don't get any price  :(.


Posted Jan 16, 2014, 8:29 pm
Today we went to Zurich by train. Lots of people were on it's way. But I was happily saved in egnis bag.

Again the women had a playing time. But first - eating.

Tasting salad and special bread.

And than they played Scrabble. Three turns. Egni won one of them.

Bye for now, mom. I'm tired and go to sleep.

Posted Jan 19, 2014, 7:02 am
Before we start again from Oslo to Kiel, we have another morning at Oslo.
The weather is gray and a bit rainy. Mum and Dad decided to to go to the Vigeland Park to do some geocaching.


Posted Jan 19, 2014, 7:08 am
Today at around 10 am we arrived back savely at Colorline-Terminal at Kiel. An exciting voyage comes to an end. Where will I go next?

Posted Feb 10, 2014, 7:26 pm
Hi  Mom
Egni and her hubby went to the Landesmuseum Zürich, where there was an exhibition of fairy tales. And what to you think I saw first?


My book! Okay it's from my ancestors, but I was so happy to found it there.
I hadn't eyes and ears for all the other things.

After we had visited the special exhibition we walked through the permanent exhibition and I was fascinated by a very old giant globe.


See how tiny I am!

Posted Feb 10, 2014, 7:42 pm
This evening I was allowed taking part at the general meeting of the members from the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Natur Stäfa".More than 40 people were present.

Here you can see the subject, they had to talk about.

For me it was boring!  :(

So I had a walk to the kitchen, where somebody had to work. Surely I helped him drying the dishes.

Before the participants listen to a speech, they had dessert.


I choosed this two pieces of cake. But of cause, egni had to help me. It was to much.

During she was eating I jumped along the table, just into a glas of water. From this amount, I admired the decoration on the table.

It is nice, isn't it?

At the end, egnis hubby received a gift and a great bunch of roses, because of his activities during the last six years.

This is the right place for Quacky-King.

Bye mom. Later on more.

Posted Mar 22, 2014, 7:35 pm
Hi Mom
Egni and I went to a trip through Germany this day. In the evening we reached our first destination and could stay for two nights with a postcrossing user. After having had I fine dinner, what were we doing?


Looking and writing postcards, of course.

Next day, it was rainy weather, egni and I went to Bremen. We have a look around and met another postcrossing user with her hubby. Here some pictures from Bremen.





Next day we had a great postcrossing meeting, wirh about 40 participants.


So many postcards where given to egni at this meeting.


And here I am with all the other toy voyagers, taken from there hostmoms to Bremen too. I like them all. We are cute, arn't we?


Posted Mar 22, 2014, 7:43 pm
After the meeting yesterday we went by train to meet egnis friend and her hubby. The know one another till 50 years.

Today, sunday, egnis friend celebrates her birthday with lots of other  friends having a fine breakfast in a restaurant.
Look her, all the fine things we had to eat.


It was a nice day!

Posted Mar 22, 2014, 7:56 pm
Hi Mom, Mom
You never guess what happened to me today.
With egni and her friends I went to Bad Oeynhausen. First we go to a takeaway, where the best grilled sausage of B.O. can be eaten. And we eat it. Yummy.
After this we went to the "Deutsches Märchen- und Wesersagenmuseum", where the curator give us some instructions and than we had a look to the exhibition.

Suddenly I saw him and with a gigantic jump I landed on his head.

We had a long discussion.

Many other frogs were to be seen, and I said hello to them.

On the balcony I had a look around Bad Oeynhausen. I wasn't afraid by this large Dino.

Posted Mar 22, 2014, 8:17 pm
Hi Mom
Today is the last day with egnis friend. So in the morning we went to Bünde, for looking and may be shopping something. It's a nice little town with a pedestrian zone.

This old house is a restaurant now. It's called 'Der Rahningsche Hof'

And this is the 'Denkmal Steinmeister und Wellensiek'. They were the founder of the cigar-industry in this part of Germany.

In the afternoon we packed our bags, as we were starting to our next location. On our way we stopped at the Dümmer See.



Posted Mar 22, 2014, 8:25 pm
Hi Mom
Every day we went to a new place. Today we visited the 'Zoo am Meer' in Bremerhaven. It's a nice place and I talked to the penguins, which are gays, as one told us.

They once had stolen the eggs from other penguins, to have children for their own. Poor little men.

Of course egni had to buy some postcards.

These are typical for the region.

Posted Mar 22, 2014, 8:28 pm
Today we are going home to Switzerland.


A last view back to the little garden, where the first flowers are blooming. And than we go.

Posted Mar 26, 2014, 7:28 pm
Hello beloved mom
When we came to Switzerland, egnis hubby surprised us with the message, that he won 2 tickets for "Circus meets classic". So we went to the Kongresshaus, where we had sparkling wine before the show began.


Posted Mar 26, 2014, 7:37 pm
Oh, mom, I'm in Germany again!
We stay for some days in Bad Dürrheim. Nice little town in the foothill of the black forest.

Weather was fine, so we had some walks in the region.

De you see me?

Outside the "Waldcafé".

In the forest.

The spa gardens.

Some impressions from Villingen, which is nearby.

Posted Mar 27, 2014, 1:09 pm
Hi mom, soon we see us again!  :D

But today I must say goodbye to my friends and the garden. Last picture from here  :(


Posted Apr 6, 2014, 2:50 pm
Postcrosser-Meeting in Munich!
Hi Mom, only one day, and I will be with you again. But now we are in the Pschorr-Brauerei.


And after dinner we were writing postcards. Yeah!


Posted Apr 6, 2014, 2:53 pm
Mom and Nanuk!


We all are happy being together again! And I havn't forgot my litte gift for my dearest mom!

Posted Apr 23, 2014, 1:40 pm
I'm glad Mum and Nanuk came to Munich to receive me back from my trip to egni.
I'd like to thank egni for a great time staying with here and I'm looking forward to new adventures with my Mum.


Posted Apr 23, 2014, 1:49 pm
Here I am again, I've been to a postcrosser- and toyvoyagers-meeting where I met Owl Olga. Mum asked her, if she would like to pass some time with us and she agreed. I'm glad she came with us, so I have a new friend staying and travelling with us ;)

Posted Apr 23, 2014, 6:59 pm
This weekend my friend Owl Olga have been at Absberg at the Brombachsee in the south of Germany. On this sunny, but not to worm Saturday we made a cycling Geocache-Tour around the little Brombachsee. There is a cache-serie called "Entenjagd" which is made really nice, a great round and we found all that could be found. One was disapeared.
Mummy put us on the handlebar of her bike and so we had a great view ;)
On the way we have seen some wild pigs (behind a fence), too.

Posted Apr 23, 2014, 8:03 pm
Today was our second day at the Brombachsee, a nice day, too, but a bit more windy.
Put again on the handlebar of Mummys bike, we started for a long cycling tour along the store Brombachsee.
Our first stop was at Mandlesmuehle, this is the last remaining mill of 11 mills that have been at that Area, before the lake have been build. Today there is an infocenter in there.
On our way along the lake, we had some more stops.
We found a sign of a pilgrimsway and an eastern fontain.
The greatest thing this day was our round-trip with MS Brombachsee, a big trimaran, I think it is unique ...
On bord that ship we had hot chocolade and cake, found a beach chair to relax and enjoyed the view of the landscape.
What a great day ...

Posted Apr 23, 2014, 8:31 pm
Today we started to a big journey. It took us the whole day to travel from Nürnberg to Copenhagen.
We had to chage the train at Hamburg and drove on a ferry between Puttgarden and Rodby.

Posted Apr 24, 2014, 5:56 am
In the morning we walked around at Copenhagen, where we have seen dangerous lions and dragons. And we have been to Nyhavn, a beautiful old part of Copenhagen.
In the afternoon we took the DFDS ferry to Oslo, we had nice weather and spent some time outside on the sundeck after departure.
In the evening we have seen a fantastic sunset. Oh how wonderful ...

Posted Aug 6, 2017, 12:18 pm
Our guest Anna Pineapple arrived

Today we found a big envolope from USA at our mailbox. It was from Miss Anna Pineapple's host at USA.
Mum and I opened the envolope. I was very excided who will arrive ...
Our new guest is Anna Pineapple and she brought some sweets from USA as a present.

Posted Aug 7, 2017, 7:39 am
This weekend there was a a big festivity of the societies of a district of my hometown. People from many countries presented their society work at our city there. Really nice.
Mum and Dad had to work there for their society the "Deutsch Norwegische Freundschaftsgesellschaft". We have been with them one day. Unfortunately we could not take many photots, because there were so many people ... So we will show you just show you a photo where we are sitting at the stand where Mum and Dad work.

Posted Aug 7, 2017, 7:58 am
Hei Hei,

starting to a new adventure ... Today I have been at Lübeck on our way further north, together with Mummy, Daddy, Anna Pineapple and my friend Milky (not a toyvoyager). At Lübeck we met Luigi Palermo and his Mum. We had a great time together.

At the shop of Niederecker Marzippan, I met some relatives.  And found a great ship to take a photo with.

At a church we found the damaged rescueboat 2 of S/S Pamir. Only one man survived in this boat.

After that great day, Luigi decided to come with as on our holiday tour.

Posted Aug 7, 2017, 8:04 am
We've passed the day at the ferry Nils Holgerson, the sea was calm and we had a good journey. We've been on the sea around 8 hours and so we had enough time to look around and play a bit.

There have been little pirates on the ship. You can see some signs of them on some of the photos. But we tried to keep away from them.

Posted Aug 7, 2017, 8:17 am
After a long travel yesterday, we arrived closed to the flygvapenmuseum (airforce museum) at Linköping around midnight.

So ready for take off ;)

This morning we made a short visit at the museum before we travelled on to our ferry for the Aland Islands. On the ferry Luigi Palermo, Anna Pineapple, Milky and me made a short photosession.

Posted May 20, 2018, 7:55 pm
Today was an exciting day. First we vsited Laboe near Kiel and then I had to say goodbye to Mum, Dad, Milky and Miss Pineapple.


Luigi and I went to Lübeck with his Mum.
We will start a big adventure at the begin of June, but first we had some cake and coffee at Luigis home.



Posted May 20, 2018, 8:24 pm
Yeah, my host showed me a new place at the Baltic Sea: Warnemünde. It is a part of the city of Rostock and a beautiful seaside resort.

We started our walk at the canal "Alter Strom". Here were a lot of restaurants and fishing boats. I was very relieved that Luigi wasn't with us...




Then we strolled to the light on the west mole, the lighthouse and the beach. It was a great sunny day and I enjoyed the beach so much :)







Posted Jun 1, 2018, 6:08 pm
Hello guys,

my host turtles and I did a bicycle tour on the Baltic Sea - as turtles said, it is her favourite tour. 50 kilometres in a beautiful landscape with blooming rapeseed and along the coast. We met vintage cars, beach chairs and horses. It was a great ride!

In Bad Schwartau a vintage car ralley started and I had a look at some nice cars. But this De Lorean had no flux capacitor, I checked it twice!




Some participants were a little bit naughty...

Then we reached the coast. Look at my place during the ride. Very comfortably.



In Timmendorf was a Beach Polo match and I watched it.



After this exciting match turtles cycled back home on a nice road  and I tasted the sweet smell of the rapeseed.




Posted Jun 1, 2018, 6:39 pm
Yeah! The guys are ready to travel!
Tomorrow Luigi, Mr. Bear and I will start our big adventure.


Posted Jun 25, 2018, 8:20 pm
Today we finally started. Luigis dad drove us to the airport and Luigi, F.M. Baer and I got our boarding passes to Las Vegas. Yes, you are reading correctly, I will visit the USA. How exciting.
We flew first from Hamburg to Zürich and then to Las Vegas on Edelweiss air. The flight took 10 hours, but there were always delicious little things to eat and in the board cinema we could watch movies. Time runs very quickly.




Posted Jun 25, 2018, 8:50 pm
After we arrived at the hotel we were very tired. But the next morning we conquered the city. We had a Hop-on-hop-off tour with the Big Bus:


Luigi and I in front of the hotel Bellagio




We had a "Hop-off" at the Golden Nugget Casino, because turtles would like to see this flying peoples at the Freemont Street....but then Luigi was suddenly gone. We found him at a roulette table in the Golden Nugget.  :o

We continued our ride and had a look at the Stratosphere Tower and the Mirage. And we saw many of the famous wedding chapels:




We stoped our ride near the airport and picked up our rental car at Alamo.
At the evening we visited the Bellagio again and looked at the beautiful fountains in front of it. It was amazing.




Posted Jun 26, 2018, 8:27 pm
Our destination today was Three Rivers, located near the entrance to Sequoia National Park. But first we drove to the Death Valley National Park, known for  colorful rocks and Badwater Basin, North America's lowest point.
During our trip it got hotter and hotter. In the end wie had 121 degrees F. Almost 50 degrees C. But the landscape was great. We had a good view from Dantes Peak, nice, colorful rocks all around and especially at Artist Point.

Leaving Las Vegas:

On the strip

Yeah - that's me at the famous Las Vegas sign

Our cozy place during the trip

We didn't see any burros on the road







Look at the great colors behind Luigi and me. Due to this colors, they call it Artist Point.
After this, we bought some postcards at the visitor center and drove to Three Rivers.

Posted Jul 3, 2018, 2:45 pm
Yesterday we arrived late at our Motel. But we were so curious about the Giant Sequoia Trees that we started early the last miles to the National Park.
The ranger at the entrance was very friendly as usual and gave us a map of the park. So we could find the largest known tree on earth (by volume): General Sherman. It has an estimated age of 2,300–2,700 years, an estimated bole volume of 1,487 m3 and a height of 83.8 meters.
The drive to General Sherman was amazing. The road wound up and the scenery was so beautiful. At some point we saw the first Sequoia trees and were immediately in love with the bright brown trunks. Birds twittered and butterflies fluttered around our car.
On the pictures you see, how giant this wonderful trees are.






Can you find me at the giant slab?

The trunks are wonderful.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1789/42454320034_d12616e119_n.jpg            https://farm1.staticflickr.com/920/43172273641_0b799a6d5d_n.jpg

We continued our road trip to the coast. After passing millions of almond trees and another small, wound road we saw Big Sur and the highway CA-1. Awesome!





Our destination for today was a nice B&B in Monterey. 

Posted Jul 5, 2018, 2:12 pm
We started this day with a good tea and a healthy breakfast. Jesse, our host for the night, gave us helpful hints for exploring Monterey and the surrounding. Turtles said, that we had too less time for this beautiful scenery and decided, that we have a short look to Monterey and then do the 17-Mile Drive, a scenic road on the Monterey Peninsula. After that we would drive to San Francisco and the famous Golden Gate Bridge.
That sounds like a lot of fun for today.

Worlds best tea: English Breakfast


As often we helped turtles with her Penny Collection.

Look at this colors.

Btw., if you miss Mr. F.M. Baer on several photos, he was the the photographer at our team. But not this time.

Yeah! My first Sea Lion...

...and my first, ähm, äh, Mummy, HELP!


This is the famous Lone Cypress, one of the scenic attractions along the 17-Mile-Drive.

One of the nice houses at Carmel-by-the-Sea, where we stepped out of the Drive.


We enjoyed the evening at Bean Hollow State Beach.

Posted Jul 5, 2018, 6:40 pm
Our first day in San Francisco.
We drove to Presidio, to have a nice view at the Golden Gate Bridge. But then, a big shock, the battery of turtles Nikon was empty. And as the blister at her heel hurted like fire, we decided to drive to the Half Moon Bay for a lazy day on the beach.



Many things are bigger in the United States of America - also travelling toys  ;) These guys are from Las Vegas - look at the dices at their rear mirror




At the end of the day, we visited the Painted Ladies near Alamo Square.

Posted Jul 10, 2018, 1:40 pm
Today we started sightseeing. So much to see and so little time. ;)
We took the Cable Car for the ride to the waterfront and we had a great view to San Francisco at Pier 14.





Then we strolled to Pier 39, where we met the cute and noisy sea lions. They were so wonderful and we watched them for some moments.



We passed the famous Fishermans Warf sign and went to Lombard Street, another highlight of San Francisco.